In November 2018…
- 3838 people received early intervention services such as receiving legal advice and minor assistance from our lawyers over the phone, via videoconference or face-to-face at one of our offices.
- We provided dispute resolution services to 329 people to help couples work out their family law problems without going to court.
- Our duty lawyers guided 7089 adults through their appearance in the magistrates courts.
- 658 children were represented by our duty lawyers in the childrens courts.
- Our family law duty lawyers helped 278 unrepresented people get through their day in the family law courts.
- We approved aid for 254 children and adults to be represented by lawyers in the family law courts.
- We approved aid for lawyers to defend 2271 people charged with criminal offences.
These statistics are reported in line with the National Partnership Agreement on Legal Assistance Services.
*The number of people = the number of matters.
Media contact: Miranda Greer or Amanda Catania (07) 3917 0407