For free flood and cyclone legal information and advice call 1300 004 924.
Legal information guide
When disaster strikes — cyclones, storms and floods. A guide to getting your insurance claim paid.
This guide helps Queenslanders with their insurance claims after a storm, cyclone or flood. It gives advice on home building and contents insurance policies — it doesn’t give advice on other types of insurance such as motor vehicle insurance policies.
Print version: When disaster strikes - cyclones, storms and floods
Please note: this publication is only available online.
Legal information factsheets
- Need help getting an insurance claim paid?
- Are you a tenant affected by the floods?(PDF, 279KB)
- Important legal issues for franchisors to consider in times of a natural disaster
- Has your electricity, gas, or water supply, or your telephone or internet service been affected by the floods(PDF, 277KB)?(PDF, 277KB)
- Having trouble paying your debts?(PDF, 245KB)
- Employment issues(PDF, 292KB)
- Property contracts(PDF, 303KB)
- Small business(PDF, 214KB)
- Commercial and retail leases(PDF, 279KB)
- Consumer protection issues(PDF, 209KB)
- My car has been damaged by a flood or cyclone — what do I need to know?(PDF, 243KB)
Ph: (07) 3917 0407