Main Content Anchor
The department recognises the value a clean environment, innovative society and economy and vibrant culture contributes to our lives. As a diverse organisation, the department brings together key areas of work to achieve their objectives for a better Queensland.
The key areas of work include:
- protect and manage our parks, forests and the Great Barrier Reef for current and future generations
- enhance Queensland’s ecosystems
- protect significant heritage places
- avoid, minimise or mitigate impacts to the environment.
- lead the development of science strategy for government
- deliver scientific expertise to protect and manage our environment and natural resource base
- support the development of Queensland’s science sector.
- foster a community of the arts and facilitate growth of the arts and cultural sector
- support arts and cultural growth through partnerships, programs and events
- invest in all levels of the arts and cultural sector
- grow Queensland’s cultural reputation and cultural tourism offering.
Department of Environment and Science contact details and office locations.