Main Content Anchor
The Financial Counsellors' Association of Queensland (FCAQ) is the peak professional body representing over 100 members comprising of financial counsellors and financial capability workers throughout inner city, suburban and regional Queensland. The FCAQ is also a not for profit organisation whose members provide a free and accessible financial counselling/paralegal service to low income and disadvantaged consumers.
Financial counselling services are available to assist clients with a range of issues relating to personal and business finances. These include information and options on:
- The rights and responsibilities of your finances
- Understanding debts and debt recovery processes
- Assistance with budgeting and money management
- Assist you to voice your circumstances to creditors and others
- Insolvency options
To find a financial counsellor in Queensland please call the National Debt Helpline or go to ASIC's MoneySmart website.
Rural Financial Counselling Service (RFCS)
Rural financial counsellors are available to assist farmers, fishing enterprises, forest growers and harvesters and related small business owners to:
- identify financial and business options
- develop an action plan
- negotiate with lenders
- apply for Farm Household Allowance.
You can access the RFCS if you are experiencing, or at risk of, financial hardship. Call 1800 686 175. They will refer you to your nearest RFCS office.