Main Content Anchor
The Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) is a national body responsible for the registration and regulation of tax agents, BAS agents and tax (financial) advisers (collectively referred to as 'tax practitioners'). The TPB is also responsible for ensuring compliance with the Tax Agent Services Act 2009 (TASA), including the Code of Professional Conduct (Code).
This is achieved by:
- administering a system to register tax practitioners, ensuring they have the necessary competence and personal attributes
- providing guidelines and information on relevant matters
- investigating conduct that may breach the TASA, including non-compliance with the Code, and breaches of the civil penalty provisions
- imposing administrative sanctions for non-compliance with the Code
- applying to the Federal Court in relation to contraventions of the civil penalty provisions in the TASA.