Legal Aid Queensland is committed to providing a quality service to all customers, as outlined in the Legal Aid Queensland Service Charter.
To provide quality legal services to financially disadvantaged people.
Legal Aid Queensland provides legal information and advice services to assist all Queenslanders. We also provide representation services to assist Queenslanders unable to afford the assistance of a solicitor.
How to find us
Legal Aid Queensland can be contacted by telephone on 1300 65 11 88 for the cost of a local call from anywhere in Queensland.
Our website - www.legalaid.qld.gov.au - provides information about our services. You can also contact us through the website or look at our extensive range of legal information to help you with your legal problem.
If you are hearing impaired, a telephone typewriter service is available by ringing (07) 3238 3023.
Legal Aid Queensland solicitors provide legal advice services at 44 Herschel Street in Brisbane, and at 13 regional offices around the state. Legal advice is also provided by telephone. Our offices carry a wide range of written materials to assist you with your problem. Factsheets describing our services are available in nine different languages for individuals or community groups from our offices.
Our service standards
We are committed to providing a quality service to all customers and will adhere to the following standards:
- Introduce ourselves to the client and identify our role within the office.
- Explain our services and how the client can use them.
- Be courteous and approachable.
- Actively listen to the client, treat them as an individual and try to meet their special needs by:
- using an interpreter when appropriate
- ensuring our service delivery is sensitive and culturally appropriate to clients from non-English speaking and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds
- enquiring about domestic violence where applicable and ensuring the client's safety is a priority.
- Use language the client can understand.
- Ensure the client's confidentiality.
- Provide accurate and appropriate information and advice.
- Discuss the client's legal problem and help them understand their options including availability of legal aid.
Legal Aid Queensland is interested in what you think of its services and how it might improve. We seek your input in the following ways:
- customer comment forms at customer service counters
- we ring 500 clients every year to ask their views
- we record all complaints to be dealt with by the appropriate service manager
We want to continue to improve, so we welcome your feedback and invite you to complete a comment form at your local Legal Aid Queensland office or ring 1300 65 11 88, and have your views recorded by a client information officer. Or you may provide your feedback directly through our website.