On this page:
Use this kit if:
- You are appealing to the Queensland Court of Appeal about your sentence or conviction; and
- Your sentence and/or conviction was imposed in the district or supreme court in Queensland.
Do not use this kit if:
- You are intending to make a high court appeal; or
- You are appealing from the magistrates court.
Time limits apply to appeals, please seek legal advice as soon as possible.
How this kit will help you:
- Understand the process you will follow to appeal against your sentence or conviction, including what will happen in the courtroom; and
- Assist you in preparing for your appeal, including how to fill out the necessary forms.
Where to get legal advice
- Legal Aid Queensland - call 1300 65 11 88 (local call cost)
- Community Legal Centre - call 1300 65 11 88 to check services in your area;
- Private solicitor; or
- Queensland Law Society - call (07) 3842 5842 (solicitor referral service).