Legal Aid Queensland

Life after separation DVD

Go Search
Legal information
Media centre
About us
Skip Navigation LinksHome > Publications > Community legal education resources > Life after separation DVD > What happens if you just can’t agree?

 What happens if you just can’t agree? 


Life after separation - putting the pieces back together

Chapter 9 - What happens if you just can’t agree?

>> PRESENTER: If you can’t agree on a parenting plan or consent orders most people may have to go to court. 
In most cases you need to make a genuine attempt to reach an agreement by attending dispute resolution, through a family dispute resolution practitioner, who might be with Legal Aid Queensland or a Family Relationship Centre.

If you think that you or your children may be at risk at any time you should get advice immediately. In some circumstances family dispute resolution may not be the best option for you.

If your situation is affected by domestic violence, child abuse, or the threat of it, you should get legal advice and immediate help from the police if necessary.

Last modified: 27 July 2011 7:34AM
Page Contact:

Copyright | Disclaimer | Privacy | Access keys | Other languages
© Legal Aid Queensland 2006

What happens if you just can’t agree?