Main Content Anchor
2020–21 annual report report card
Queensland Government community objective
- Backing our frontline services
- Community legal education and information—through our website, publications, community legal education activities, statewide contact centre and customer service counters
- Legal advice and task assistance—over the phone, by video-link or face-to-face
- Duty lawyer services—in criminal, family, domestic violence, child protection, anti-discrimination, employment and administrative law
- Lawyer assisted dispute resolution—for families facing separation, and for consumers and farmers
- Representation in courts and tribunals—including criminal law, family law, child protection, domestic violence, mental health and some civil law matters.
- Meet Commonwealth Government performance indicators and Queensland Government service delivery statement measures
- Conduct service delivery audits
- Conduct client satisfaction survey
- Deliver internal and external training opportunities to staff and other service providers
- Achieve First Nations Strategic Plan objectives
- Improve services to rural and regional communities
- Participate in legal assistance forums
- Contribute to government policy development
- Implement service delivery initiatives in the Financial Strategy, Workforce Strategy and ICT Strategic Plan
- Achieved Queensland Government targets (see Table 4 in Our performance).
- Client survey is conducted every two years, with the next survey due in September 2021.
- Ensured clients from key disadvantaged groups were able to access our services (see Table 6 in Objective 1).
- Provided 30 policy/law reform responses.
- 80 percent of Employee Opinion Survey respondents reported high levels of engagement with Legal Aid Queensland.
- Provided psychological wellness, and health and wellbeing programs for staff (see Objective 3 for more detail).
- Financial position remains healthy (see Financial overview).
- Completed business support projects.
Priorities for the future
- Continue to provide quality, cost effective legal services statewide.
- Improve service delivery to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Continue to pursue our goal of Legal Aid Queensland being a ‘centre of excellence’.
- Continue to build a health and wellbeing program for our staff.
- Replace our key business systems LAQ Office and Grants Online.
- Collaborate with and enhance support for preferred supplier law firms.
- Plan roll out of enhanced Family Advocacy and Support Services.
Last updated 26 October 2021