Main Content Anchor

How can this guide help me?

This guide can help you if you have been sentenced and/or convicted in the District or Supreme Court in Queensland and want to appeal your sentence and/or conviction.

This guide explains the process to appeal against your sentence or conviction and will help you prepare for your appeal, including showing you how to fill out the necessary forms.

Do not use this guide if:

  • you are appealing to the High Court of Australia
  • you are appealing from the Magistrates Court
  • you have appealed from the Magistrates Court to the District Court and lost
  • you have received a notice saying the Attorney-General is appealing your sentence
  • you are appealing a civil order, such as one under the Dangerous Prisoner (Sexual Offender) Act or the Mental Health Act.
Back to top