What happens if you just can’t agree?

Disclaimer: This content is for general purposes only and not legal advice. If you have a legal problem, please contact us or speak to a lawyer. View our full disclaimer.


Life after separation - putting the pieces back together

Chapter 9 - What happens if you just can’t agree?

>> PRESENTER: If you can’t agree on a parenting plan or consent orders most people may have to go to court.  
In most cases you need to make a genuine attempt to reach an agreement by attending dispute resolution, through a family dispute resolution practitioner, who might be with Legal Aid Queensland or a Family Relationship Centre.

If you think that you or your children may be at risk at any time you should get advice immediately. In some circumstances family dispute resolution may not be the best option for you.

If your situation is affected by domestic violence, child abuse, or the threat of it, you should get legal advice and immediate help from the police if necessary.


Last updated 22 January 2016