Main Content Anchor

Do I need to get legal advice?

You should seek legal advice before filing your request to remove your licence disqualification in the court.

Contact Legal Aid Queensland

Legal Aid Queensland provides free legal advice, and you can call us on 1300 65 11 88 for the cost of a local call. If it is appropriate in your circumstances, a customer service officer will give you legal information and make a booking for you to talk with one of our Legal Aid lawyers. You can talk with the lawyer over the phone or visit one of our offices and talk with them face-to-face.

Contact a private lawyer

You may have your own lawyer, but if not, you can find one by:

  • looking in the phone book
  • calling the Queensland Law Society’s private lawyer referral line on (07) 3842 5842
  • visiting the Queensland Law Society’s website

Contact your local community legal centre

Community legal centres provide free legal help. They can usually only provide legal advice. To find out where your closest centre is, call Legal Aid Queensland on 1300 65 11 88 (for the cost of a local call from a landline in Australia).

Back to top