- We provided information and referrals to 31,917 people to help them resolve their legal problem.
- 3,522 people received early intervention services such as receiving legal advice and minor assistance from our lawyers over the phone, via videoconference or face-to-face at one of our offices.
- We provided dispute resolution services to 493 people to help ex-partners work out their family law problems without going to court.
- Our criminal law duty lawyers guided 4,806 adults through their appearance in the Magistrates Courts.
- 273 children were represented by our duty lawyers in the Childrens Courts.
- Our family law duty lawyers helped 260 unrepresented people get through their day in the family law courts.
- We approved aid for 238 children and adults to be represented by lawyers in the family courts.
- We approved aid for lawyers to defend 2,144 people charged with criminal offences.
- We helped ensure decisions made in 163 child protection proceedings were in the best interests of the children involved.
- Our consumer protection lawyers helped 395 people sort out their money problems.
These statistics are reported in line with the National Partnership Agreement on Legal Assistance Services.
*The number of people = the number of matters.
Media contact: Amanda Catania or Caroline Page (07) 3917 0407 or 3917 0457