Main Content Anchor
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Legal Service works together with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, key government and non-government stakeholders to manage the delivery of services in a professional, culturally competent and community-sensitive manner.
Its criminal, civil and family law services are delivered to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people throughout Queensland.
Key Areas of Service Delivery
- Criminal Law representation and advice
- Family Law representation and advice
- Civil Law representation and advice
- Prisoner ThroughCare Services to address recidivism
- Law Reform and Community Legal Education
- Coronial and Public Sector Monitoring
- 24 hour assistance at police stations
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Legal Service has numerous regional offices in:
Beenleigh, Bundaberg, Carins, Charlevile. Hervey Bay, Ipswich, Maroochydore, Mount Isa, Murgon, Rockhampton, Southport, Thursday Island, Toowoomba, Townsville, Bamaga, Cleveland, Cunnamulla, Gladstone, Goodiwindi, Normanton, Palm Island, Roma, St George
Contact details for these regional offices can be found here: