Main Content Anchor
The Seniors Legal and Support Service (SLASS) is operated by the Cairns Community Legal Centre Inc. The Centre employs both a Solicitor and Social Worker. The SLASS provides accessible legal and support services for the benefit of seniors affected by elder abuse or financial exploitation.
The SLASS can (where appropriate):
- provide information, advice and support regarding elder abuse, mistreatment or financial exploitation
- provide short-term counselling
- provide information about your legal rights
- refer you to other legal, consumer and support services
- represent you in court or before tribunals (in certain limited circumstances)
- provide community education.
The SLASS is available to seniors, their carers (or service workers) within an hours drive of Cairns. Seniors who live outside of this area may be serviced at the discretion of the Centre. Legal advice and support is provided by appointment. If you are unable to access the SLASS, a telephone consultation or a meeting at your home can be arranged.
Use the Contact us link to make an enquiry or book an appointment. Telephone advice and support may also be provided (where appropriate) to seniors or their carers (or service workers) who live outside of Cairns. Legal resources for older people are available on the Centre's web site.