Main Content Anchor
How can the Employment Law Service help?
The Caxton Employment Law Service can help with:
- dismissal claims for clients who have been sacked, demoted or lost their job
- bullying and other workplace mistreatment
- sexual harassment in the workplace
- discrimination in the workplace
- contractor versus employee questions
- 'adverse action' in the workplace
Caxton may be able to help if you are not sure if you are a contractor or an employee or you suspect you are a sham contractor. The service will cease assisting if it becomes clear that you are conducting a business (as a genuine contractor).
The Employment Law Service can't help with
- employer or business-related issues (eg. contractors)
- contracts, either at the outset of employment or during employment
- unpaid wages and entitlements disputes
- second opinions (other avenues of assistance have to be explored first e.g. a union)
- professional registration and disputes with professional bodies
- WorkCover and other injury-related matters
For more information and eligibility criteria, visit the Employment Law Service section on the Caxton Legal Centre website.