Main Content Anchor
The Queensland Retirement Village and Park Advice Service (QRVPAS) is a free legal service for existing and prospective residents of retirement villages and manufactured home parks.
QRVPAS aims to help residents:
- understand their rights and responsibilities under the Retirement Villages Act 1999 (Qld) and the Manufactured Homes (Residential Parks) Act 2003 (Qld)
- obtain the knowledge and skills to present their interests to village and park operators and resolve disputes
- have increased access to appropriate legal information and advice.
Please note: QRVPAS cannot assist with disputes between residents, and these enquiries will be referred to the Human Rights and Civil Law Practice of Caxton Legal Centre.
Who does QRVPAS help?
- assists residents (or prospective residents) of manufactured home parks or retirement villages in Queensland
- QRVPAS also provides general information to prospective residents who are considering moving into a park or village.
How can QRVPAS help me?
- general information about retirement villages and manufactured home parks including information about the rights and responsibilities of residents and operators - Legal information and factsheets
- QRVPAS can also provide referrals to other relevant organisations for further assistance.
- clients who require more complex assistance may be eligible for more personalised advice and assistance including legal advice and ongoing support
- if necessary, QRVPAS may be able to engage in negotiations with a park or village operator on behalf of a client, provide guidance and assistance through the dispute resolution process and assist with court representation in exceptional circumstances.