Main Content Anchor
How does Queensland Retirement Village and Park Advice Service help?
Caxton's Queensland Retirement Village and Park Advice Service (QRVPAS) provides information to residents about:
- rights and responsibilities under the Retirement Villages Act 1999 (Qld) and the Manufactured Homes (Residential Parks) Act 2003 (Qld), including how to manage a dispute with a park or village operator
- site rents, facilities, moving in and out and sharing common areas
- some other disputes with village and park operators including under anti-discrimination law
- making a complaint to regulatory services or another external agency
Who does QRVPAS help?
- Assists residents (or prospective residents) of manufactured home parks or retirement villages in Queensland
QRVPAS is particularly focused on helping disadvantaged and vulnerable residents of retirement villages and manufactured home parks.
Please note: QRVPAS cannot assist with disputes between residents, but another community legal centre may be able to assist.
For more information and eligibility criteria, refer to the QRVPAS section on the Caxton Legal Centre website.