Main Content Anchor
DVAC provides services in the following communities and surrounding districts:
- Ipswich region and surrounds including Goodna, Springfield, Ripley and Goodna
- Toowoomba and Darling Downs region
- Lockyer Valley region including Gatton and Laidley
- Somerset region including Lowood, Esk and Toogoolawah
- Place-based and electronic outreach to key satellites (Warwick, Stanthorpe, Dalby, Chinchilla, Goondiwindi, Oakey, Pittsworth) in the catchment.
DVAC provides a range of services that include:
- Telephone information, referral, advocacy and support services to women and children
- Court support for women in our three regional courts
- Counselling services for women and children
- Group work for women and children
- Safety upgrades for women and children wanting to stay in their homes
- Schools community education sessions
- Providing professional training and resources to other service providers and stakeholders
- Community development, education and awareness raising events
- A sexual assault service in Ipswich and Toowoomba regions.
- Group work and family support for young men (and their mothers) who are using violence against their mother and/or siblings.