Main Content Anchor
Free legal service available to anyone in Australia who would like advice on insurance law or in resolving a dispute with an insurer.
This is an insurance help-line for consumers. The service CANNOT ADVISE on business-related insurance issues, clients who are uninsured or insurers.
What Insurance Law Service does advise on:
- home building and or contents insurance (including natural disasters)
- consumer credit insurance
- life insurance
- funeral insurance
- pet insurance
- income protection insurance
- superannuation related insurance
- travel insurance
- motor vehicle insurance (other than CTP)
- debts to insurance companies in relation to motor vehicle accidents.
Insurance Law Service insurance factsheets
Contact Form - You can complete the contact form to contact the Insurance Law Service. An Insurance Law Service lawyer will generally respond to you by phone within three working days during the hours of 9:30am-4:30pm AEDT but, depending on the complexity of your enquiry, this may take more time.
What Insurance Law Service does not advise on:
- business insurance
- personal injury
- home warranty insurance
- workers compensation
- compulsory third party insurance (CTP/Greenslip)
- professional indemnity insurance
- public and product liability insurance
- health insurance
- landlord’s insurance
- pleasure craft
- strata insurance
- motor vehicle accidents where no one is insured
- dissatisfaction with amount of claim or quality of completed repairs
Due to very limited resources, Insurance Law Service are only able to provide extensive advice (over the phone or in an email) or provide casework assistance for clients who are disadvantaged.