Main Content Anchor
LawRight improves the lives of vulnerable people by increasing access to justice through strategic partnerships with pro bono lawyers. LawRight delivers a range of programs and services aimed at increasing access to housing, income and legal rights.
Court and Tribunal Services
LawRight provides free on-site legal advice and assistance to people with certain types of matters in:
- the Magistrates Court of Queensland
- Queensland District and Supreme Courts and Court of Appeal
- the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT)
- the Federal Court and Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia
- Enforcement Hearing Duty Lawyer Service in the Brisbane Magistrates Court (for debtors)
- the Mental Health Review Tribunal.
If no specialist service is available for court or tribunal disputes, LawRight may be able to connect clients with a lawyer in private practice through the Pro Bono service.
Pro Bono Connect
Pro Bono Connect assesses applications for civil law pro bono representation and refers them to firms and barristers, using either a public interest test for our members or a broader test on behalf of the QLS and BAQ referral schemes.
Community & Health Justice Partnerships
Partnerships at locations, where staff and visiting pro bono lawyers collaborate with health and community workers to resolve the complex, intersecting problems of clients including people experiencing domestic violence, mental illness or homelessness, refugees and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
Visit LawRight's contact page for phone numbers, email and postal addresses for each LawRight service.