Main Content Anchor
How LawRight helps people to self-represent
LawRight offers appointments (in person or by telephone) with solicitors who provide advice and assistance with the legal tasks necessary to progress tribunal proceedings, including:
- advice about whether, and how, to commence or defend proceedings
- advice about tribunal processes
- assistance to draft documents such as applications, affidavits, submissions and other tribunal forms
- assistance with preparing for hearings and appearing in QCAT
- advice about appealing tribunal decisions
- advice about other options for the resolution of disputes.
Who can the service help?
The Service helps people who are involved in, or who are considering commencing legal proceedings in the following QCAT areas:
- Reviews of administrative decisions e.g. Blue Card, Child Safety, Victims Assist
- Guardianship and Administration
- Minor Civil disputes
- Right to Information and Information Privacy
How to apply
Complete the application form here. If you are unable to complete the online form, contact LawRight to discuss alternative arrangements.
Factsheets about QCAT