Main Content Anchor
How LawRight helps people to self-represent
LawRight offers appointments (in person or by telephone) with solicitors who provide advice and assistance with the legal tasks necessary to progress tribunal proceedings, including:
- advice about whether, and how, to commence or defend proceedings
- advice about tribunal processes
- assistance to draft documents such as applications, affidavits, submissions and other tribunal forms
- assistance with preparing for hearings and appearing in QCAT
- advice about appealing tribunal decisions
- advice about other options for the resolution of disputes.
Who can Lawright help?
Lawright helps people who are involved in, or who are considering commencing legal proceedings in the following QCAT areas:
- Reviews of administrative decisions e.g. Blue Card, Child Safety, Victims Assist, Disability Services, SPER, AHPRA
- Guardianship and administration
- Occupation regulation for health practitioners
- Right to information and information Privacy
- Appeals and reopenings.
Assistance in others areas may be offered, subject to capacity, and where other community legal centres have declined to assist.
How to apply
Complete the application form here. If you are unable to complete the online form, contact LawRight to discuss alternative arrangements.