Main Content Anchor
The Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation (OLGR) is part of the Department of Justice and Attorney-General (DJAG) and is responsible for regulating Queensland�s liquor industry, within a socially responsible framework. It is also tasked with regulating the gambling industry in Queensland and ensuring the community benefits from gambling.
OLGR is primarily responsible for:
- regulating the liquor industry and its development in a way that is compatible with minimising harm caused by alcohol abuse and
- maintaining the integrity and probity of the gambling industry in Queensland
- minimising the harm that can arise from gambling
- distributing community benefit funds through a number of grants programs
- ensuring that, on balance, the state and the community benefit from gambling.