Main Content Anchor
The Human Rights Legal Service (HRLS) is a specialist legal service dedicated to providing free legal assistance in relation to disability discrimination, guardianship, and human rights.
The HRLS may assist with:
- Human rights
- Disability Discrimination
- Guardianship and Administration
- Restrictive practices
- Forensic Orders (Disability)
- Right to Information
The HRLS may be able to offer representation at Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) hearings for some of the above matters.
HRLS can assist people who have:
- An intellectual disability and/or cognitive impairments (including ABI)
- A dual diagnosis of intellectual disability/cognitive impairment plus mental illness
- A profound mental illness
- A profound physical disability
- Other vulnerabilities causing severe disadvantage including:
- Cultural and linguistically diverse people
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- People with low socio-economic status
- People living in closed environments
- People in regional or remote areas.