Main Content Anchor
Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC) is a statutory authority established to regulate the building industry.
QBCC's objectives are to:
- Regulate the building industry
- Ensure the maintenance of proper standards in the industry
- Achieve a reasonable balance between the interests of building contractors and consumers
- Provide remedies for defective building work
- Provide for the efficient resolution of building disputes
- Provide support, education and advice for homeowners and those undertaking building work.
QBCC assists consumers and contractors in disputes over the technical standard of building work through the provision of a resolution service based on expert technical determination.
QBCC provides licensing services for builders, designers, trade contractors, fire protection occupational licence holders and owner builders.
Primary functions include:
- Assessing and determining individual, company and mutual recognition licence applications
- Issuing annual licence renewal notices
- Maintaining and updating licensee database
- Ensuring compliance with licensing legislation
- Issuing owner builder permits
- Providing a public licensee search facility