Main Content Anchor
ALL YAC services are free, voluntary and confidential. YAC may be able to help if you are anywhere in the greater Brisbane area – between Caboolture and Beenleigh and Ipswich to the Bay Islands.
Legal Services (10-18 yrs)
YAC’s specialist youth lawyers provide:
- legal information and advice generally about the law, legal and court processes and your legal rights
- representation in court for youth justice and sometimes child protection matters
- advocating for young people in relation to the police and other authorities they may be in conflict with.
Other services include:
- Homelessness and youth support services (15-25 yrs) - YAC’s homelessness and youth support team is based in Brisbane and Caboolture but travels to where young people are.
- Family support services (10-18 yrs) - YAC’s Family Support worker will work with young people and their family at a young person's request.
- Bail and Order Support Service (BOSS) (10-18 years) - independent, community based service at YAC for young people from Gympie to the Gold Coast who are thought to be at serious risk of breaching their bail or youth justice orders.
- Youth Court Assistance Program (YCAP) (10-18 years) - YCAP has been operating in the Brisbane Childrens Court for many years, has recently been established in Caboolture and Pine Rivers, and is about to be introduced in the Redcliffe, Cleveland, Southport, Ipswich, Richlands and Cairns Childrens Courts.