Main Content Anchor

Wills and deceased estates

We don't give advice about this area of law

The information below may help you to resolve your matter or find out who else can help. 

Laws relating wills and deceased estates can be complex. If you need to make a will, or want to change, cancel or challenge a will you should get private legal advice.

If a family member or someone you knows dies without a will, or if you have a dispute about a will or a deceased estate you should get legal advice.

 The Public Trustee has a range of information about wills and estates including:

The Queensland Government website also has information about:

Visit Queensland Court’s website for information about applying for probate.

We don’t give legal advice about wills or deceased estates.

We can’t prepare or give advice on preparing your will, sign or witness a will or give advice about executing a will.

The Queensland Law Society can refer you to a specialist private lawyer practising in this area of law.

If you're making a civil claim about a will or deceased estate, you may be eligible for help through the Civil Law Legal Aid Scheme (CLLAS)

Community Legal Centres Queensland (formerly QAILS) may be able to help you find a local community legal centre that provides advice about wills and estates. 

Who else can help?

The following services may also be able to help. They don’t give legal advice.

Public Trustee can help with a free will-making service (no legal advice) and can give general information on wills and estates, and the administration of deceased estates.

Consumer Law Reform Association gives information on wills.

Queensland Courts has information about applying for probate.

Related links and information
Back to top